Friday, January 4, 2013

Homestead Act of 2010 attracts first settler

Okay, so there really IS a new homestead act; in fact there are a few of them.  Several states including California, Florida, Kansas and Georgia reawakened the old homestead act of 1862 for the sake of populating rural areas.  What we are talking about here is free land...  did you catch that?  I'll say it again; what we are talking about here is FREE LAND.  Yes, these four states as well as a few others are GIVING away land.  Now, depending on the state, there are some required fees, but as far as I've seen it's not even kinda close to what it would normally cost to buy land.

I guess homesteading is something that I really need to look into even if I decide that it isn't for me in the end.  There is a good chance that it is because all of the states that are doing this happen to be states that aren't high on my list of places that I want to live.  Not that there is anything wrong with these states, I've lived in California for almost eight years and loved it, for example.  I often wish I could go back, but the path that I'm on right now simply doesn't lead me to California or any of the other states mentioned for many reasons.

I found the following article interesting and thought that other future homesteaders may want to read it.

Homestead Act of 2010 attracts first settler

No comments:

Post a Comment