Friday, January 11, 2013

Milk

Cow's and goat's milk are the most popular forms of milk on the market right now.  Of course sheep's milk is also around, but I've personally seen more sheep cheese and yogurt than milk.

Raw cow's milk is fairly easy to find.  Raw goat's milk is much more difficult, although it's not impossible.  I recently met a goat farmer who is sensible about the great disadvantages of GMOs, but because of all the craziness coming down on farmer's heads, the prices of everything is going up.  Some are ready to call it quits, others are struggling through it and JUST managing to keep their heads above water.  I desperately miss the milk from my dairy farmer, but because I'm to stay away from cow's milk for a while, I haven't been purchasing.  Once the dairy sensitivity is gone, my doctor suggested trying goat's milk for a while.  I already know of a farmer who is desperate to avoid GMOs so I'm holding on to her number; but to be safe I'll keep looking hoping that I have a choice about which farmers to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment