Thursday, January 24, 2013

Teff Flour Starter

Here is a recipe that uses teff as a sourdough starter.  The teff flour alone worked well for this woman which I found wonderful.  It's better than hunting for four or five different flours.  My only problem is, I can't seem to find organic teff flour in my town.  I'm not finished looking, but I was a little discouraged when I found out that the grocery store (a health food store) where I get most of my food does not have organic teff flour.

I hope you enjoy this presentation.  It's nice to know that you don't need yeast in order to make your bread rise.  Besides, I actually prefer the flavor of sourdough breads over other breads.  I'm actually salivating thinking about it because it has been soooo long since I've had sourdough or any bread at all (besides manna bread).


No comments:

Post a Comment