Friday, January 11, 2013

Health Basics - Are seedless fruits dangerous to your health? Part II

I've done some research trying to find an answer (or different answers) to my question about how seedless fruit are grown when the purpose of fruit is to reproduce.  In fact, several sources defined fruit as a botanical ovary.  What is an ovary but a container that holds eggs or in the case of botany seeds?

On one hand I read that fruit can grow seedless if it hasn't been pollinated and on the other hand, I read that seedless fruit has been "developed" by scientists.  The former suggests a mutation which I would actually still eat, the latter suggests bio-tampered food and this I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole!

I'm still searching for an answer.  If anyone has a suggestion, hypothesis or solid information, I'm open to hear it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment