Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vandana Shiva and Globalization

I can't think of anything that Vandana Shiva has ever said that I've disagreed with.  I try to explain to others the different problems with GMOs, but I can never explain it as well as this amazing woman.  In this video, she talks about political, spiritual and ecological ramifications that can occur because of the creation of GMOs.  Everything that she talks about are things that I've known, but said in a way that I've never even thought about it.

What she said in this video inspired me.  How I'm connected to the earth is something that I don't think about anymore, at least not as deeply as I used to.  I think about where things come from and where things go, but when I think of the overwhelming beauty of how everything flows it's overwhelming.  It makes me more desirous to make the changes that I've been wanting to make for a long time.  Some of these changes I admit I've been scared to make, but determined to make them anyway.  I look forward to making the changes that connect me to earth and life on a level that is both intellectual and spiritual.


No comments:

Post a Comment