Saturday, April 30, 2011

Raw Food Diets

Many are in favor of a pure raw food diet; some swear by it.  I fully admit that it has it's benefits, however, it also has it's disadvantages.

We could get significant proteins from vegan foods and even raw foods, however, animal proteins have more to offer than protein itself.  A number of doctors and nutritionists feel that animal proteins offer a significant source of nutrients that vegan food can't give enough of such as vitamin A or vitamin B12.  I do a 24 hour raw food diet just before a fast or a cleanse because I feel NOTHING better prepares me.  I stumbled upon this video and I've tried some of it's pointers such as squeezing lemon into my water first thing in the morning.

I thought that it may be helpful to those of you who are reading this month's book and doing some cleansing programs.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment