Monday, April 4, 2011

Book Of the Month: April

Spring is here!  Although it snowed in some parts of Colorado over the weekend, the days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer.  I figured the new book I chose for this month is a great supplement for our detox program.

Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing For Life by Cherie Calbom, MS is this month's book.  It can give you some ways to supplement your detoxification program with the benefits of juicing and fasting.  Fasting is something that I used to make a practice of as is juicing.  As my eating habits improved, the amount of juicing and fasting I did decreased for some reason.  I've tried cleanses.  My body, however, felt more rejuvinated after 24 hours of fasting than it did after two weeks of cleansing.  I wouldn't get sick as easily when I made a habit of fasting and juicing and I remember I got more compliments on my skin back then than ever before or after.

I've been aching to start fasting and juicing regularly again.  I would like to get a more efficient juice extractor before I start juicing again however.  I may do a water fast when it gets just a little warmer and I'll be sure to post about it as well. 

Enjoy the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment