Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lessons From This Month's Book

From this month's book, I learned that I'm doing pretty well living the greener, cleaner life; but I also learned that I could be doing better.  This past weekend I did another cleanse and I just wanted to share my experience.

I ate only raw organic food on Saturday and then at 8pm I stopped eating.  I drank plenty of water on Sunday which is essential when fasting.  I squeezed some lemon into my water at least twice that day for blood sugar and cleansing reasons.  I felt light headed by the late afternoon so I applied a castor oil pack over my liver area and watched a short movie with my husband.  An hour before I was to break my fast, my head was pounding.  I know that headache, runny nose and coughing are three of many symptoms that the body may experience when going through intense detoxification, so I wasn't worried.  I broke my fast at 8pm on Sunday evening completing a 24 hour fast.  It wasn't until Monday morning when I realized that my headache was gone.  I felt so energized that morning that I didn't even remember my headache the night before.  I've been feeling really good all week long.  I'm looking forward to getting a better juicer so that I can start juicing again like I did years ago. 

What have you learned from this month's book?  As always, questions, comments and furthermores are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment