Sunday, April 1, 2012

Teach A Man To Fish III (Raising and Trading)

I understand some people may not be able to slaughter animals for meat.  I'm like that.  I would cry every single time I see the slaughter truck coming up my street because I wouldn't be able to let go of Gladys the cow and Red the chicken.  The program I dream of isn't about "getting over" such things.

It is about learning to do something and recognizing where one may excel because of a variety of factors.  Take my issue with slaughter again.  I can buy meat from someone else who could stomach slaughter.  As long as there is no attachment I can eat meat.  How about climate?  I may not live in an area that can grow millet very well or at all.  But someone in another state may and they may NOT be able to raise the food that I can raise.  This is the beauty of networking and trade.  If these farmers all work together, how can they possibly starve?  Isn't this how many people survived in America once upon a time?  Whatever happened to that?

Why constantly give money to people to buy dry cereal and milk if they are on or near land that could provide healthy cows/goats for milk and high quality oat crops? I'll say it again, "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day; teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

No comments:

Post a Comment