Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Question About Sprouted Breads (Part II)

Baked sprouted breads are available in some stores and bakeries.  I've been to Rockland Bakery many, many times but a long time ago.  Therefore, I'm not sure if they have sprouted breads or not; it would not surprise me either way though.  I used to eat a sprouted spelt bread and for some reason it was the only baked bread that wouldn't give me a headache or stomach ache.  Baked sprouted breads, however, aren't the most nutritious.  It is best when you make "raw" breads from the sprouts.  In other words, you make the dough and then you make breads and crackers via dehydrator.  This way, all of the nutrients are intact because the bread is not baked above 120 degrees. 

I'm learning so much about sprouts, but I'm still researching and learning.  It was an exciting discovery for me.  Again, I don't believe I will ever permanently live the complete raw food lifestyle, but it looks like I will borrow many dishes and recipes from them because what they eat is so wonderfully nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment