Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Land Of The Free?

I am grateful to the people who keep us informed of what is going on.  I am very disturbed by the last video and it absolutely infuriates me that our government could do something so disgustingly low. 
I often wonder what ever happened to our America; you know, "the land of the free and the home of the brave" we call it.  It is a shame that these people are making liars out of those of us who sing that song. 

I don't know what kind of a Republic THIS is, but it is certainly not the Republic that the red, white and blue flag that I used to "pledge allegiance" to in school stands for!  That flag stood for a Republic that fought for liberty and justice for all.  While once upon a time Americans like Jodi and Scott could say these words with pride, after something like this happened to them and so many others, how can we not blurt such words with disdain?

I still have hope for the free country that we once lived in.  I have hope that one day people like Jodi and Scott could have a baby in peace or fight back and win if such an injustice occurs again.  I am just one of many who are doing what is possible to inspire the will to fight for our country back.  To all of my allies out there, keep up the great work; for we will win other battles!

No comments:

Post a Comment