Monday, April 23, 2012

Sprouted Bread

I'm very excited about all of the sprouted bread recipes that I have found.  After I try some of them and find my favorite ones, I will share.

I posted how I like "fast" foods.  I'm so happy that there are ways to make a nutrient dense bread which is also a "grab and go" type food.  It's amazing what natural food has to offer when it isn't denatured.  I know that I have a lot of experimenting with the sprouted grains to do, but I look forward to the experimentation as well as the results that I find.

I used to eat a sprouted spelt bread that was registered with the non-GMO project (which was nice) but I wanted to know more about making it myself so that I know what was in the food that I was eating.  For example, many people still use tap water to cook and I would be surprised if companies use reverse osmosis water to make food even if they are reputable companies.  I only use RO water in my food.  That means that the bread that I make will be better for me by far than any bread that I may buy.  Besides, when I make my own bread I can flavor it any way I want to which is a huge bonus.

I will post what I find from playing with different recipes.  Any questions, comments and furthermores are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to posts on this. I wonder if sprouted bread is sold at Rockland Bakery. My dad always buys bread there. What are the health benefits of sprouted bread as opposed to Rye bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for asking Sadmira7! I love this question so much that I have answered it in a main post.

    You will find my answer on the April 24th 2012 post "Question About Sprouted Breads".

    ReplyDelete