Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fighting Estrogen Dominance: Laundry Detergent

Laundry detergent, believe it or not, is one way you get a daily intake of estrogen.  The conventional usually contain xenoestrogens (chemical estrogen).  Whether you have a problem with estrogen dominance or not xenoestrogens are to always be avoided.  These chemicals may not only dominate progesterone but block progesterone as well.  My doctor explained to me that she has used phytoestrogen (plant based estrogen) to balance hormones, but it is good to stay away from xenoestrogen,

I used to use Biokleen.  When I didn't see it on either do or don't lists on the literature that Dr. Lee sent me, I was so happy.  When I spoke with him, however, he said to stop using it.  I still like Biokleen, but maybe for now I just won't use it.

He made a few suggestions for alternative laundry detergents.  There was one in particular that I was willing to try.  The soap nuts sounded very interesting.  The instructions say that you could use the soap nuts multiple times which I like.  I'm not sure how many loads you can do before it loses its cleaning potency, but again, I'm willing to give it a shot and I don't really mind washing one or two loads twice just to figure out how many washes one can get out of six soap nuts.


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a great and informative post. Thanks for sharing this to us.

    ReplyDelete