Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Estrogen Dominance

I'm someone who suffers from estrogen dominance.  Progesterone isn't naturally produced by my body in large enough quantities.  This is part of the reason I've suffered from excruciating abdominal pain and migraines every single month once upon a time.  Of course, the conventional method of treating the pain is by taking birth control pills.  To this day, that is still among the most nonsensical things I've ever heard!  So I've looked at a number of alternative methods; some that worked and others that didn't.  The treatment that I'm living by these days builds on the past treatments that seemed to work well.

As a woman with an estrogen dominance, the "Super Natural Living" (last month's book) is becoming more and more important.  There are xenoestrogens everywhere.  The difference between plant based estrogen (phytoestrogen) and a chemical estrogen (xenoestrogens) is the natural ones are more easily managed by the body.  My doctor told me that she has used phytoestrogen to treat women with estrogen that is too low AND too high.  So I don't worry as much about phytoestrogens, but I still avoid them as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment