Monday, April 16, 2012

CPS, Friend or Fiend?

I understand that there are some kids who are abused by their parents and need to be taken from their very unsafe environment.  I wish that it could be a last choice, but if a parent is really hurting a child (which happens unfortunately) there may not be time for other options.  What is disturbing is when the government takes control of your children even when you have been giving them the best of care.  This is an occurrence that should never ever happen, but unfortunately it happens more than I thought.

In the case of *baby Annie* there was absolutely NO excuse for that seizure.  Annie was kidnapped by a crooked CPS social worker, but thankfully she was brought safely back to her parents.  Let's not condone this kidnapping regardless of her return.  She was vaccinated against her parents' wishes while in the hands of the government but thankfully there were no fatal repercussions from them.

As a former school counselor I remember a time when I believed in the system.  I would have to report any "reasonable suspicion" of abuse.  When I suspected that a child may have been beaten by a parent, I felt confident leaving the matter up to CPS to investigate.  After watching the video below, it makes me sick that I EVER trusted them.  Again, I believe there are CPS agents who do have the heart to protect children.  Unfortunately, it is important to know that there are fiends in the field as well.  The fiends do the children who need CPS a tremendous disservice because it is the fiend that may eventually make it easier for the abusive parent to hold on to a child that needs to be taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment