Monday, April 23, 2012

Finding Balance

I try to stay on the positive side and most of the time I succeed.  However, I've been having a very difficult time with what has been happening in politics as far as how it effects health.

For many reasons, I know that we will all be fine.  I still can't help bumming hard when I hear of stories like Jodi and Scott's.  I wish that I could hear more good news.  The problem is not that there isn't enough good news, the problem is that when bad news happens, the people who want to fight against an issue will post the problem to inform people like me so that I could do something to let my voice be heard.  I do the same when I hear bad news because I am so determined to make it right and so are many others who are in the fight with me.  I guess I need to remember that problems are always going to arise.  Unfortunately, there are people out there who are selfish and greedy and ready to sacrifice even that which doesn't belong to them to get what they want.

My challenge is to find a balance.  I want to fight the injustices that happen, but I don't want to fight it at the expense of celebrating the victories both big and small.  When there are so many issues coming at me at once, it's sometimes difficult to see the good news that is out there and abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment