Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fighting Estrogen Dominance: Hand and Body Soap

Choosing hand and body soap was VERY difficult for me.  I had to give up my much loved shea butter soap because of the neem and the lavender which are BOTH phytoestrogens (plant based estrogen).  I didn't really like any of Dr. Lee's suggestions.  I noticed, however, that for skin moisturizers olive oil was listed as a good choice.  When I came upon the concept of olive oil soap, I was in love!

I've ordered two different brands.  Right now I just use the bar for my hands and the liquid for the shower.  I will eventually be using olive oil soap for showers, hand washing, dish washing and as a shampoo.  Some have used the bar soap for all of this.  I've read reviews and many say that they love it because it doesn't dry out their skin.  One problem with this Kiss My Face product, however, is that the soap bar is so big.  Many people cut it in half or into fourths.

Step by step, there are ways of reducing the substances that block progesterone.  Using olive oil soap is one step that I have taken and I'm already very happy with it.  I will probably continue to use olive oil soap from now on.  Below are the bar soap that I use, (I would look for it in your health food store before buying it here).  Please check the *Wellness Avenues* page where there are more options for soaps under the "Bath and Body" list.  Again, careful when you shop at that store for those of you with estrogen dominance, for there are soaps with lavender and other phytoestrogens.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment