Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fighting Estrogen Dominance: Shampoo and Conditioner

I already touched on shampoo and conditioner a little in past posts.  I talked about how olive oil soap, Shea butter and coconut oil all literally saved my skin.

Dr. Lee has suggested that one option is using the bar soap in your hair.  I would have a difficult time with that.  Thank goodness there is liquid olive oil soap available.  Shea butter is a great conditioner as well as a moisturizer as I mentioned in the last post.  This probably wouldn't be good for someone with oily hair or skin, so when in doubt talk to your doctor.  If you have dry hair and you want to use coconut oil, apply the oil to hair while it is still wet and then dry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post to us. This will really help people who suffers form estrogen dominance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, my friend. I'm so happy to know that this helps! I'm still looking for other ways to stay away from estrogen forming products. I find that the xenoestrogens are easy to stay away from compared to the phytoestrogens. The phytoestrogens are a great challenge because they seem to be EVERYWHERE, but I'm still learning and as I learn I will post in hopes of helping more women with the annoying issue of estrogen dominance.

    ReplyDelete