Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Fast" Food

Don't worry, this isn't another post complaining about the golden arches or anything.  I just discovered something about myself today.  I like "fast" food.  Again, I'm not talking about burgers or french fries.  What I mean is, I notice how I'll crave fresh greens for example, but instead of satisfying that craving, I'll have a piece of fruit.  Perhaps I am truly a New Yorker, always wanting things to be done quick so that I can get going on other things; but I'm just not a big fan of the washing and chopping and spending all of that time preparing veggies when I'm hungry.  This is why I love cultured vegetables so much.  When I'm hungry, I pull it right out of the jar.  There is nothing for me to cook or prepare.

What I need is a day each week to wash, chop, boil (tea for kombucha), mix and prepare foods for the week.  This is actually something my mother suggested to me a long time ago, but I only half took her suggestion.  I guess her advise had more wisdom in it than I thought.

For example, tomorrow I'm going to be spending a few hours boiling water to make kombucha and washing and chopping vegetables to prepare them for fermenting.  The time that I spend tomorrow will save me time when I am tired on a weeknight.  Maybe what I can do is set some of the veggie mixes aside in order to eat it fresh for the next two days.

These are all ways to spend less time preparing meals when my husband comes home and spend more time with him or doing other things that are important.  Also, this can give me more options when I'm looking for some fast food!

No comments:

Post a Comment