Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thank You Nadia!

I hope that everyone has enjoyed this series as much as I have!  Thank you for enlightening us Nadia.  Information about sweeteners is something that this nation needs to stay on top of.  With refined sugar and aspartame being main culprits for heart disease (#1 killer in the US), cancer (#2 killer in the US) and obesity (which can lead to both heart disease and cancer) it is so important that we all know more about them and about alternatives.

I've heard of Truvia.  Someone told me good things about it, but when I went to Whole Foods and read the ingredients I knew something was wrong.  My doctor taught me to be wary of "natural sweeteners" and that is one of Truvia's ingredients.  Even if it I wasn't to be wary, why would a natural sweetener need natural sweeteners?  That's one of the most senseless things that I have ever heard of.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it.  I'll buy stevia and I'll even use xylitol, but Truvia won't make it into my grocery basket.

Nadia, I look forward to future posts by you my friend.  You are truly talented.  Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment