Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meat and Raw Cheese - 100% Organic Grass-Fed

There are some new links on the Wellness Avenues page that I encourage you to check out.  It is really hard to find 100% grass-fed, organic raw cheese in stores (even in Whole Foods) and it is very difficult to find 100% grass fed organic meat.  At best, I can find organic meat (grass fed but grain finished) and I can find organic pasteurized cheese or raw goat milk sharp cheddar (but not organic). 

I did some research and didn't find much.  The first two on the list (on the Wellness Avenues page under Organic grass fed meat and dairy) were the only sites that I found.  My problem with those sites are mostly price.  On one of the top two sites there is also a weight and price minimum (7lbs and $75) that is also a problem for me.  My hubby found some sites that have the desired products (plus more great stuff) at VERY reasonable prices and there is no minimum weight or price.  The bottom two sell 100% grass fed, organic meat and dairy that is also raw.  The second to last listed sells products from Amish farms!  On top of all of that, would you believe that some of these prices are even BETTER than the health food stores around here? 

I've always wanted to sample Amish farm fresh food, however, I don't live near any Amish communities.  These new sites that we've found are therefore dreams come true and I wanted to share them with as many people as I could.  I look forward to posting about the cheeses that I've ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment