Friday, March 16, 2012

The Mercury Cafe (Part I)

I want to take an opportunity to talk about the Mercury Cafe, also known as the "Merc" by the locals.  It's been around for many years.  My favorite thing about the Merc is that they make wonderfully tasty dishes out of real food!

I have only one small criticism that I will get out of the way before I gush about how wonderful they are.  They don't filter the water, therefore, if I drink their tea I need to worry about fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals in my water.  I don't blame them for this, for I understand it isn't cheap to filter the water.  I've encouraged them to consider a RO system, but for now I simply take my own water and enjoy everything else that is served to me.

Okay, now for the good stuff!  Right now, Merc the only restaurant where I can eat.  I don't have to worry about GMOs, pesticides or anything that can potentially make me ill because their food is organic and the vegetables are local.  I have to watch some of the condiments because the Merc obviously doesn't make their own (and I know of one that contains sugar), however, I don't usually need condiments because the sauces that they make are superior to any condiment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment