Saturday, March 3, 2012

Prescription Drugs vs Alternatives II

I've mentioned many times that I would see MDs when no one else could help me.  In my experience, an MD seems to be trained to prescribe the right medicine for an illness as opposed to guiding the patient to wellness again with or without drugs.  I will give MDs great commendations for their diagnostic skills.  Diagnostics is the one area where few MD have failed me.  Where the alternative physicians fail with diagnostics, the MDs can rule according to my experience.  These days, I only draw the line when an MD wants to treat me.  Treatment is the area where I can remember only one MD has ever really helped me.  Unfortunately, the treatments that MDs prescribed or advised were usually not the best.  The only exception was the one who advised me over the phone when I had Bronchitis.  He prescribed no prescription drugs for me.  He told me which vitamins to get, which foods to eat and which to avoid.  I was better within a week.

I'm very grateful for the healthcare that I've had over the past 15 years.  I've been fortunate enough to find some uniquely excellent healthcare providers.  With their help, hopefully I'll never need prescription drugs for anything, but if I ever do, I'm sure that service will be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment