Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coconut The Superfood

I'm so glad that coconut oil is no longer demonized because of its fat content.  Like most REAL foods, it's natural fat content is what makes it such a super food.

There are so many benefits to coconut oil.  Contrary to what many believed back in the 80s, coconut oil can actually decrease LDL according to pubmed.  It also has healing properties for people recovering from certain illnesses or injuries.  Dr. Bruce Fife N.D says that if you have ever been in the hospital because of illness or injury and you've been fed intravenously, then you could bet that coconut oil had something to do with your healing.  It makes so much sense because the medium-chain fatty acids helps the body to absorb nutrients.  There are fatty acids in coconut oil that are even antimicrobal.  The list of benefits goes on.  The video below showed me that we are still discovering benefits.
   
Even though I should not have been, I was stunned when I saw this video.  I've always known that coconuts are very healing and highly nutritionally beneficial food, but I didn't know that it could treat Alzheimer's!  There were many in my family who have had Alzheimer's disease and because they were Jamaican (and had access to PLENTY of high quality coconut oil), it's a shame that they didn't know about this.

Watch and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment