Saturday, March 10, 2012

Adjusting To Change

I guess that constant adjustment to change is something that one needs to accept when living an alternative lifestyle.  I'm always researching and always learning therefore always changing.  I've learned that the truth can be a little alarming when discovered; it can even be overwhelming at times.

Thanks to BWMFs, I'm always learning about what is good for me and what isn't.  Recently, I've learned that my body simply doesn't like foods made with flour unless it is gluten free or (in small quantities) sprouted grain flour.  So I've been having to adjust to that by doing more research and finding more places that sell real foods at decent prices.  I don't mind my husband eating breads as long as it is whole grain.  I, on the other hand, need to get creative in case I would like a sandwich or some toast with my eggs for lunch or something.

I'm going to spend much of my Saturday in the kitchen experimenting with gluten free flours and recipes to see if I can't make some foods for my hubby and me.  I tend to enjoy the challenge anyway.  I am expecting a few failures and I'm a little scared to learn what they will be.  I will, however, post any success!

No comments:

Post a Comment