Monday, March 5, 2012

'Natural': The Most Meaningless Word on Your Food Label?

It shouldn't be a surprise the "natural" label on foods is meaningless.  If a company can place a "natural" label on cereal that contains blueberry crunchlettes, for example, then obviously people can put "natural" on just about anything.  This is why I've stopped looking for what is natural and I'm sticking to that which is organic.  I understand that even the organic label can be twisted, however, I trust the people that I buy from because they tend to be careful about the companies and the farms that they buy from.

When foods are labeled "natural" the goal is to attract health conscious people like you and I.  Thank goodness, many health conscious people tend to stay current on what is going on with food so they know what real food is and what real food is not.


'Natural': The Most Meaningless Word on Your Food Label?

No comments:

Post a Comment