Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exercising Free Speech a Federal Crime? (Part II)

Many Americans believe that we live by the Constitution, but they don't know much about the Constitution itself.  I admit that I'm still learning about it.  The more I learn the more I realize the greatness of minds that went into the creation and implementation of it.  

I've taught in a school that did not teach history, or any other subject of social studies.  When I was growing up, social studies wasn't my favorite subject in school.  I hated memorizing all of those names and dates.  The opportunity to learn was there though.  I actually did retain some information. I learned enough to help me realize as an adult that I need to know more.  More than ever, I believe in homeschooling because I need my children to understand the foundation on which this country was built and why it worked.

Keeping in mind all that is going on today with the food and pharmaceutical industry, the people who run it and their lobbyists creating laws in their best interest; I feel that it is important to know your history.  I feel that it is a very important part of being a healthy individual today.  Unfortunately, we can't rely on the media to tell us what is healthy and what isn't.  If you know your history, and you realize where some of these ideas came from you will see more clearly why these ideas won't work as good as they may sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment