Monday, November 28, 2011

Reader Comment and Question

I was unable to post a comment pertaining to Vitamin D. I take 4000IU daily. I also eat tilapia fish. My mom is a great cook so you know it''s YUMMY! I also eat Salmon. Of course with brown rice on the side. Can you tell me an alternative to cranberry juice. The juice is too acidic.

The kind of vitamin D that you take is important is it D3?  D3 seems to be the ones that doctors are advising.  I take D3 drops, however, the best way to get your D3 is by spending some time in the sun.  The sun helps the body to produce D3.  People stay out of the sun because they are afraid of skin cancer, but there are many habits to implement to prevent that.  Staying out of the sun isn't the best preventive step unless you are photosensitive.

Tilapia and Salmon are two of my favorites!  I'm not a fan of the salmon skin flavor wise, however, salmon skin are some of my favorite sushi rolls.  The skin is PACKED with iodine so I eat it when I can.  When I can't have salmon, I go with kelp granules for the iodine.  Like salmon, tilapia is high in omega-3.  It is also a significant source of B12 which is important.  The best part about tilapia, in my opinion, is that it is, as you put it, YUMMY!  It is a sweeter fish, so I just cook it in lemon juice.  I don't even bother with cooking oil.

As for the cranberry juice, I'm so sorry to hear that the acid is bothersome to you.  You aren't alone though.  It is always a good idea to alkalize the system.  Donna Gates talks about ways to do that in her book about the Body Ecology Diet.  Part of having a good body ecology is by alkalizing it.  When I had an acidic stomach, I also made it a habit to drink lots of aloe juice/gel.  It will heal whatever damage the acid did to the stomach.  While you are on your way to a better body ecology and/or if this doesn't help, there are always cranberry supplements.  I advise you to make sure there is no added sugar, soy or corn as fillers and make sure they use real cranberries.

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment