Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weight Loss Part I

In my experience, if one wants to lose weight they will need to make changes in their daily habits especially where food is concerned.  I believe that some diets have their place, but not for weight loss.  The only exception to this is what my chiropractor calls "The Healing Diet" and that's an exception because his patients learn proper eating habits before and during the diet.  When the diet is no longer needed, his patients don't go back to their old eating habits so they keep the weight off.

Because of our fast paced lifestyle we rely on fast foods or processed foods.  These foods are cheap, easy to prepare, on our plates in a lickety-split but often posses all three benefits.  I don't regard these refined foods as real food.  Real food nourishes the body.  Refined foods aren't made to nourish the body as much as they are made to please the senses, kill the hunger drive and make big money for big corporations. 

There are many ways to lose weight, however, the overweight individual who desires to lose weight needs to be aware of what they want.  Do they want to lose weight or do they want to get healthy?  If the individual wants to lose weight, then I am not the best person to work with them.  The ones who want to get healthy, however, tend to reap the most benefits from my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment