Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why I Fight For My Health Freedom Part I

There is a reason why I am frightened by the power of the pharmaceutical industry and the power of the food industry.  I remember the daunting years of being enslaved to my illnesses.  If I left it up to the world of Big Pharma and Big Agribiz, I fear that I would have never even seen the opportunity to get well.  It just makes me sad that these are industries that are suppose to be looking out for our health, and they are so focused on the all mighty dollar that they turn a blind eye to where they can be better.

There are many naturopathic doctors who admit that pharmaceuticals are sometimes absolutely necessary for healing.  When it is made to look as though drugs are the only answer, however, there is a problem.  Unfortunately, I believe that pharmaceuticals are not everything that they are presented to be.  For example, when health officials come knocking on the doors of Sacramento residents with nurses and lists of children who were not vaccinated and they are ready to give a child a shot whether the parents like it or not, that goes beyond abuse, invasion of privacy and violation of rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment