Saturday, November 12, 2011

Acai The Superfood

This post may be informative for women of reproductive age, but it may also be useful information for a man who is married to a woman of reproductive age.

Acai is a superfood for many reasons.  One reason in particular drove me to run to the health food store to pick some up.  A girlfriend of mine recently told me that she started drinking liquid acai as a supplement because when taken daily before her cycle, she found that she had far fewer symptoms before and during her cycle.  I don't usually just take things upon a person's word like that (unless it is my doctor), but acai is a very nutrient dense food so I really couldn't lose taking a chance on it.  I usually drink a shot glass of acai in a glass of milk (raw milk) or homemade yogurt with two shots of pineapple juice or a spoonful of honey to sweeten it.  Whether it is doing what I would like for it to or not, I'm not going to deny that it is yummy!  On top of it's tasty quality, it is, as I've mentioned before, nutrient dense.

I was able to go out for a run the other day despite the fact that I was a bit tired.  I felt better after the run.  I'm not sure if the acai alone helped me, or if the running alone helped me or if they were both helping me in that respect; one thing for certain is that they are both helpful to my body in many other ways.

I will be sure write follow ups on how I'm doing with it, but so far I enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment