Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So What's For Supper?

This presentation says so much more than I ever have about why subsidizing food is a really bad idea.  I have a new respect for organic farmers.  I also have new and tremendous respect for my dairy farmer.  I also have great pity for conventional farmers.  The integrity of  food has been grossly flouted.  Not only have we made a mockery of nutrition and health, but we are reaping the disadvantages for doing so.

As a devoted Christian, I give thanks to God for my food.  I remember the very last time I said thanks for food that wasn't real food and I remember that it simply didn't feel right to ask for God to bless it.  As I proceeded to eat what was before me, I knew that I wasn't about to nourish my body.  I just didn't think about the fact that I was about to bring myself closer to illness and death.

I didn't realize how powerful the food industry was.  It is frighteningly powerful.  Those of you who know what food is, we need to keep a close eye on the bigger industries so that we will still have the right to real food.  This is one of the longer presentations so get out your fuzzy slippers and popcorn (but make sure the popcorn is organic) and enjoy!


Food INC | Subtitulado Español from Humanidad en Transicion on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment