Friday, November 11, 2011

November's Book

Vandana Shiva has become one of my favorite people in a very short period of time.  She is one of many who are fighting for the right to own seeds again.  For in India, where she is from, there are many farmers who DON'T have that right.  Although we in the US may have that right now, there is a chance that it may be taken from us. 

I thought of doing a double feature last month, but after much debate with myself, I decided on Jeffery Smith.  This month I wanted to take the opportunity to suggest Shiva's book.  She is known for driving many very valuable points home when it comes to GE foods and the riches of soil and seed.  So enjoy "Stolen Harvest" by Vandana Shiva.  I have no doubt that this book will bring a new and most profound perspective to all who read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment