Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Long Absence

I apologize for my very long absence.  My Long Absence was due to multiple illnesses over the last three weeks.  One illness in particular kept me in bed for a majority of the time. 

My story is surely one to post on BWMFs for a number of reasons.  For one thing, it taught me how faith plays a huge part in healing.  While as a Christian woman, I place my faith in God, that's not necessarily what I'm talking about in this case (even though it could be depending on the individual).  What I mean exactly is, the confidence in the belief that you will get well plays a part in healing.  Stress is part of what breaks the immune system down.  This is why I've talked about how things like laughter, exercise and music are all things that are good for your health in prior posts.  They all decrease the chances of contracting an illness because they keep your immune system strong by keeping your stress levels down. 

I must say, looking back I was doing very well this year until I started this detox.  The colder seasons are by far the worst times to start a detox program.  I've mentioned this before and my doctor has even warned me about it.  I wouldn't have done it normally, but unfortunately other health issues didn't permit me any other choice.  So I took the risk (since the alternative was worse), but paid a pretty hefty price.  Thank goodness I am finally out of the darkest part of those woods.

What I went through over the last couple of weeks is a very long story, so I will have to break it up into a series.  Hopefully you find it enlightening, for I've learned so much on my three week journey to wellness and I'm eager to share.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I look forward to reading future posts. I agree with you that stress has a tremendous impact on ones health. I feel it is very important for one to know ways to reduce stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Laughter truly is great medicine. A half hour of laughter per day is all one needs to reduce stress. Watching a comedy, talking to my silliest friends or laughing with my husband about funny times that we've shared are three of my favorite ways of getting a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete