Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Coconut Kefir Question

This post is a request for advice from the readers.  Mostly I have questions for anyone who has made coconut kefir.  I've had a problem the past two times I've tried to make some.  The first time I believe I may have left it in the fridge for too long, the second time I may have let it ferment for too long.  Both times I started with a quart of sweet coconut water and I ended with a quart of what can only be described as a slime.  I'm not sure if it was consumable, but it certainly didn't look like it was.  If it is, it doesn't look very appetizing.

I have two questions.  Is it consumable when it becomes that consistency?  Even if it is, how do I prevent this from happening again?  Please email me or leave an answer on the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment