Saturday, February 11, 2012

February's Book



Square Food Gardening by Mel Bartholomew is February's book of the month.  It may seem VERY early to present a book about gardening in February, but I don't feel that is so.  You may have snow on the ground like I do at this moment, but I still feel that now is the time to be thinking about your garden.  Some may have even planted seedlings before the beginning of the month, but are raising them indoors until the weather gets warmer.  I thought of doing this, but since this is my first garden, I feel the need to start slow this year and start in the spring or at least at the tail end of winter.

This book introduces a rather sophisticated way to garden.  It's something that makes gardening manageable for beginners like me.  I'm still trying to find wood that wasn't treated with chemicals to work with and a green (or eco-friendly) stain.  I have a few ideas and will share them if they work out.  In the meantime, I welcome suggestions; for again, I admit I am a beginner!



No comments:

Post a Comment