Friday, February 3, 2012

Court rules organic farmers can sue conventional, GMO farmers whose pesticides 'trespass' and contaminate their fields

This was VERY encouraging.  I was longing to hear some good news about the battle for health freedom.  Perhaps this victory was partially a result of the numbers of small farmers who were courageous enough to go after Monsanto.  I know in many ways these small farmers didn't have much of a choice, but it was courageous nonetheless.  There were some that didn't know what else to do but take Monsanto's abuse and for those farmers, I understand and empathize.  Believe me, your loss was mine as well.  Even if I don't feel it as intensely as you do in the moment; knowing your loss will hit us all between the eyes in the future if the abuse doesn't stop is enough to make me lose just as much sleep at night.

To all of the small farmers who fought, however, I say the following to you:  I don't take what you are doing lightly.  I don't take trying to raise crops or livestock lightly nor do I take your going after Monsanto lightly.  You are brave and you are my heroes; all 270,000+ of you!  You will be a BIG part of the reason why we will have the opportunity to eat real food one day and for that I offer you my utter appreciation and gratitude!

Court rules organic farmers can sue conventional, GMO farmers whose pesticides 'trespass' and contaminate their fields

No comments:

Post a Comment