Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coconut Oil

I've posted before about how coconut is such a highly nutritious food.  I've been making coconut kefirs and yogurts often because I feel so good after drinking/eating them.  They are even medicinal.  Recently, I ate a small amount of maple syrup and my body reacted as it would with refined sugar (I learned later that grade B may be better for me than grade A).  I became slightly dizzy and fatigued.  After one shot glass of coconut kefir the feeling went away immediately. 

Coconut oil is the only oil that I ever cook with because more than one doctor regarded it as a highly recommended oil to cook with.  I also use coconut oil on my hair and my skin.  After watching this video I may use it in a raw pie recipe experiment.  I have a high quality extra virgin coconut oil that was purchased in Jamaica.  If I am going to eat the coconut oil raw, I believe that there is no other brand that I'd rather use.



No comments:

Post a Comment