Sunday, October 30, 2011

Obama’s USDA to deceive Americans over GM crops (Part I)

There was a time when politics didn't mean a thing to me.  I actually jokingly asked if I could register for an apolitical party when I first moved to Colorado.  To this day, I still don't like to discuss politics.  The only reason I've become a very political woman in the last couple of months is because I feel that the food industries and the pharmaceutical industries are stomping on my rights not to choose what they have to offer.  I don't appreciate someone telling me that choosing not to vaccinate is abuse and I will not listen to anyone who tells me that speaking out against GMOs is not permitted and I refuse to believe that raw milk is dangerous compared to the poison junk they sell in grocery stores.

It didn't mean a thing to me when Obama was voted president nor did it mean anything when Bush (Jr. or Sr.) or Clinton was in the White House because once again I simply didn't care about the political world.  When I learned about Obama's broken promise (to have GMO foods labeled) and about his appointing Tom Vilsak to the USDA, I've been dying to see him out!  To be fair, he wasn't the first president to get in bed with Monsanto, but I am hoping desperately that he will be the last.

Obama’s USDA to deceive Americans over GM crops

No comments:

Post a Comment