Monday, October 10, 2011

Farmers Who Fight For All

About 270,000 farmers have been going up against Monsanto.  I'm just learning about this now, however, it has been in progress for a while.

I did some digging and saw that it isn't just happening in the United States.  Indian and Canadian farmers are also in the process of suing Monsanto.  Australia was the #1 producer of non-GMO canola oil.  Within the last couple of months, Japan imported canola that was GMO positive.  In other words, there are fields that have been contaminated.  Therefore, some have written canola off as a GMO product all together.  Australia tried to create a situation where some genetically modified material in food can still qualify as non GMO (understandably), but those of us who fight for clean food KNOW why that can never happen.  If I eat corn, I want to know that it is clean.

The odds against these farmers are overwhelming, but I hope they don't give up.  I support them in every possible way that I can.  One ray of hope is what the USA is today.  Every single man who signed the Declaration of Independence believed that they signed their own death warrant.  England's was extremely powerful at the time.  What we had that they did not have was something worth fighting for.

I'm sorry Monsanto, but money is NOTHING compared to my health and the health of all my family and my babies and my friends and my neighbors.  You may win a few battles, you may even win most battles, but you will NOT win this war!



No comments:

Post a Comment