Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gut Flora

I've been boning up on my probiotics over the past 3 months and I have been feeling really good!  Dr. Joseph Mercola highly recommends one strain in particular.  Lactobacillus acidopholis DDS-1 is a probiotic strain that Mercola finds far superior to others.

There are apparently many different strains of Lactobacillus acidopholis so the DDS-1 is the one in particular that is desirable.  Besides the fact that it is acid resistant, which many probiotics are not, it tends to also be very helpful to lactose intolerant individuals.  These are two of many qualities of Lactobacillus acidopholis DDS-1 that make it unique.

I don't take probiotic supplements anymore because I'm ingesting so much kombucha, sauerkraut and raw milk, however if you are taking a supplement, be sure that your supplement has this particular strain.  Dr. Mercola declares "I no longer consider taking a probiotic as part of my daily regimen without this strain!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment