Monday, July 9, 2012

Unintended New Direction II

Over the years, I've debated with a loved one on the issues mentioned in the last post.  I'm sure there were times when he thought that I was crazy too.  He wouldn't come out and say it to my face, but his attitude towards my chosen lifestyle said it all.  He couldn't understand why I shopped at the expensive health food stores as opposed to the cheap supermarket.  He couldn't understand why I often chose organic food because he believed fresh produce were ALL organic; "you put a seed into the ground and it grows organically" he would tell me.  He kind of felt like my choices reflected some sort of foolish cult thinking until he started realizing that the information that I've been giving him was true.


He asked recently how I knew all of this information.  The answer is easy:  I listen to the doctors or health professionals that were labeled as "quacks" by mainstream health care professionals.  They are almost always the ones with the solid information.  If I don't know much about them, I compare the information that they give with the information that reliable sources give.  If they consistently give solid information, they eventually become a primary source of information for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment