Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Dirty Dozen

I've written a post about the dirty dozen that was complete with a video, but I liked this chart.  The "clean" chart on this link shows "clean" produce too.  It's not entirely accurate though, beware of GMOs.  The chart addresses the issue of pesticides only.  When I saw sweet corn and watermelon on the "clean" side, that told me that the whole story isn't being told.  Sweet corn and watermelon will not come in my house unless it is organic thanks to pesticides and genetic engineering.  Many know that 90% of all corn is GMO and a doctor informed me that watermelon is root fed pesticides.

So I encourage you to observe the "Dirty Dozen Plus" list, but be informed that the "clean" list provided isn't the best source of information.

Executive Summary: Eat your fruits and vegetables! | EWG's 2012 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce™

No comments:

Post a Comment