Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Did It!

I did it!  I did it!  I finally made perfect manna!  The literature was correct about not sprouting it too long.  When you sprout for much more than 48 hours, the bread won't taste very good.  I sprouted for about 48 hours this time and it came out perfect.

I've been wanting to post some recipes with some tips, but it's possible that I will have to post my own recipes because the others that I've tried didn't come out so well.  The one good loaf that I made (besides this last success) tasted good, but it was crumbly because I didn't add flax seeds.  I didn't add flax seeds to this loaf either, but for some reason it didn't need it this time.  Perhaps because I used kamut berries instead of wheat.  Either way, I'll keep experimenting and I'll post my success.

Now that I have finally acquired the basics of making manna bread, I can now start experimenting with flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Thats great! Very proud of you! It is too bad I can't try it. I'm sure its yummy! Post the receipe so my mom & I can try to make it. We tried the Ninja and made Blueberry Blas. Yummy! We love the Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I have a recipe that I know is good, I will be certain to post it! ;-)

      Delete