Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dr. Mercola on Diet

I have great admiration for Dr. Mercola.  I love his lectures.  This one reviewed much information about diet that was covered repeatedly on this blog, but he makes some additional suggestions.

He talked about the misinformation that most of us lives by; for example, the low fat diet fiasco.  Many of us forget or misunderstand that fat is a nutrient and so are carbohydrates.  Until you learn to understand what your body needs, moderation is good.  After I started eating properly, my body would tell me EXACTLY what it needed.  My food is evenly balanced most of the time, however, I've had my rare days when I need more fat, and other days when I needed more carbs, and I even had days where I would snack on mostly protein.

Wherever you are on your journey to health, however, I'm sure that you'll find this lecture interesting.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment