Monday, July 30, 2012

The Sunscreen Myth

"Wear sunscreen" Baz Luhrmann advises as many, many others do.  Many Americans believe that melanoma can be prevented by sunscreen.  I remember going to Jamaica and my mother put sunscreen on my husband without even asking him if he wanted it.  My relatives were all asking me why I wasn't putting it on him.  I told them that I wouldn't DARE put that stuff on my skin.

There are some "natural" sunscreens that I may consider, but I've never found it to be necessary.  I would burn sometimes, but it would usually just peel a little before it turns tan.  I suppose there are some people who really need it or they will burn, but the Natural News article below the Baz Luhrmann video (which I posted just for fun) is not the first source that claims this strong advisement is yet another myth given to us to generate profit.  Next thing we know, a parent will be arrested for not putting some on their child.





The sunscreen myth: How sunscreen products actually promote cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment