Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Progesterone Boosting Foods

Up until there was a crisis, I've heard plenty of information about estrogen.  In other words, I was told how to attain more estrogen, when it just happened to be last thing that I needed at the time.  There isn't very much info about progesterone boosting foods which is what so many more women need.

I find myself finding more and more enlightening information and asking myself "Why didn't someone tell me this earlier?"  It's so sad how information is grossly lacking when it comes to things that would REALLY improve health.

There is also so much conflicting information out there.  One doctor says that sunflower seeds help boost progesterone, another says to stay away from it if you suffer estrogen dominance.  It's really quite irritating because what am I to think and what am I to do?  Many of these sites are written by doctors and no one adds any information that pertains to the clinical research that backs the claims; which brings me back to my own confusion.

I'm grateful for the information that I did find so far.  There was some information that seemed to be consistent the more research that I did.  Even though the following information doesn't seem like much, I actually found it very helpful.

  1. I've actually eaten avocados for hormone balance.  Several sources suggested it and I was desperate enough to try it and, WHOA BABY, does it work!
  2. My nutritionist actually suggests sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in the part of the "seed cycle" that calls for more progesterone.  Now again, I haven't the clinical research to back this claim.  I've relied mostly on someone's professional experience.  I never really saw a difference with the sunflower and sesame seeds, but consider that I haven't been doing the seed cycle for very long and I have made several mistakes with it involving using the wrong seeds during the wrong part of the month.
  3. Several sources also suggest exercise.
  4. Raising vitamin B6 and magnesium were suggested to me by several health practitioners and internet sources as well.
According to Dr. John Lee, it seems like it can even be cured.  So don't ever lose hope.  I hope this information helps you as much as it helped me.  Estrogen dominance can be painful and it can be a monster obstacle, but it can be controlled.  Keep searching until your body heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment