Friday, April 19, 2013

Marketing Garbage to Children

This presentation is a discussion about how these corporations are marketing garbage to children.  I almost asked myself how I didn't see such things happening after my experience with teaching and counseling.  Then I remembered when I did my internship, there was one middle school where there was a P*zza H*t IN  the school cafeteria.  So I DID see and observe some of what this woman was talking about.  Then I reminded myself of some of the reasons why I left the education system in the first place and now I can't say that I didn't know that it was this bad.

This is where television, magazines and newspapers are dangerous.  They get kids hooked on these shows and then feed them all of this information that gets them hooked on other things.  Then all of the sugar and other addictive substances in foods get them further hooked.  What these corporations are creating goes beyond "customer loyalty"; they are creating addictions.  And don't be fooled, they KNOW what they are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment