Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fishing Pond

The last post made me more desirous than ever for the self sustaining fish pond that I've always wanted to build.  Again, farm raised fish doesn't have to be unhealthy.  It's when the little guys are fed a bunch of GMOs and other garbage that makes the end product unhealthy.  Salmon just happens to be a fish that cannot be farm raised very well.  Salmon really needs to be in its natural habitat to be the nutrient dense food that it can be.

Even though there is a limited variety of fish that I can raise properly in a self sustaining pond, I'd rather raise it and have good fish than search everywhere for good fish to eat and rarely find it.  Right now I hardly eat any fish at all and it's not because I don't enjoy fish or believe in its nutritional quality; it's simply because most of the fish that is available has disadvantages that WAY outweigh the benefits.

I already have an idea of what kind of fish I want to raise.  All I need to do is tend to the water vegetables before the fish are put into their new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment