Thursday, November 1, 2012

Super-Cool Cloves

Cloves are often seen in those honey baked hams that I don't eat (since pork isn't my favorite thing).  They are wonderfully tasty and savory herbs, as we all know, but I admit I wasn't aware of their highly medicinal value.

Did you know that cloves were used to heal circulatory problems?  They are also antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral agents in cloves.  These herbs are very high in antioxidants, which is good for your EVERYTHING!  Several sources even spoke of how because it stimulates the circulatory system it also makes it an aphrodisiac.  My absolute favorite thing about cloves, however, which is why I'm going to make a point to eat more of them, is its healing properties for digestion.  I'll be including cloves in my next glass of turmeric milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment